“Value of One – Power of Many”
In 2005, Joan Johns and Kim Shaheen launched “The Cornerstone” initiative to help youth in need to become good cornerstones of our community. This is a monthly pre-authorized giving program with Ignite Adult Learning Corporation began as a way for Alumni to give back to the program that helped them. The Cornerstones has expanded to include any individual, who participates in monthly investment in Ignite. Beginning as low as $10.00 per month and can be adjusted at any time. Charitable tax receipts are issued at the end of each calendar year.
Options for investment: Pre-Authorized Payment or Canada Helps Online
Where Your Investment Goes
- Since 2005, the Cornerstones have raised $45,260.00 for Ignite.
- 100% of your investment goes directly toward the programming of Ignite; there are no administration fees or deductions.
- You receive an annual charitable receipt.
- Members of The Cornerstones are recognized at all Ignite events.
- In 2017, there were 2 cycles of apprentices at Ignite – 38 young people benefitted from your investment.
“We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.” – Winston S. Churchill
With sincere appreciation we recognize these donors who have been contributing to Ignite’s success with their monthly gifts.