We are seeking a passionate, reliable, organized, and self-motivated Office Administrator to provide support to our students, staff and the Ignite program. You will be the first point of contact to visitors, potential students, and investors. You will be instrumental to our team as we facilitate the growth of youth with barriers in becoming independent, self-supporting and contributing members of our community. A positive, can-do attitude and attention to detail are a must as you will be an essential part of our team, completing key duties and providing support and assistance in achieving our programs success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide general administrative assistance and support to staff and students:
- Assist teachers in creating and administering education content.
- Provide customer service to visitors, potential students, partners, and investors by providing information and direction as appropriate, both in person, via phone and email.
- Schedule and prepare for meetings which may include agenda preparation, catering, and taking and preparing minutes.
- Provide routine correspondence for staff, students, and/or the Board of Directors.
- Maintain the Ignite filing system and screen and process incoming mail.
- Monitor and maintain office equipment, purchase, and replace office supplies as needed.
- Coordinate building and maintenance issues for general repair and updates.
Provide technical administrative support using accounting and computer software applications:
- Perform basic accounting, bookkeeping and time entry functions which include preparing invoices, processing expense vouchers, payroll, and remitting GST and provincial and federal tax.
- Assist third party accountants with ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Prepare program tracking and progress reporting
- Prepare presentation materials, statistical reports and/or graphs from handwritten or electronic information.
- Monitor the administrative expense budget.
Undertake other administrative activities for Ignite:
- Assist in the development and assembly of external grants, proposals, and program reporting.
- Assist in creation of Ignite social media communication.
- Information and document control (paper and digital).
- Planning of public events such as graduations, fundraising, and meetings.
- Organize conference room scheduling, equipment, and cleaning.
Professional Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent, with preference given to those who hold an office administration certificate.
- A minimum of 1-3 years of prior experience in an administrative role.
- Proficient with both Microsoft Office and QuickBooks.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work as a part of a team.
- Willingness to learn, take on responsibility and to grow with the organization.
- Familiarity in non-profit and educational environments would be a definite asset.